Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy April Fool's Day!


I'm a newbie to the blogging world and since I have been working with Jennifer here at Orange and Pear, she has tried to convince me to start...so here goes! Jennifer and I both have daughters and we love to cook with them...though sometimes it's hard to find recipes that are appealing enough to them to want to be involved..."Pasta and Veggies, Mom? Really, that's boooooring."

So, in an effort to find something creative to have my daughter help out with in the kitchen, I searched for April Fool's recipes. My favorite, and by far will be the most fun to prepare is Family Fun Magazine's Chicken Not Pie.

http://familyfun.go.com/april-fools-day/april-fools-day-recipes/chicken-not-pie-685614/

She and I are both candy fanatics, so shopping for the brightly colored candies to mold into carrots, peas and corn was a treat in itself. Enjoy your April Fool's Day and the time spent in the kitchen with your children...they are memories that will make you smile and you are preparing them with a skill that can last a lifetime.

Blessings,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment