Monday, March 30, 2009

I never get tired of . . . aqua

I never get tired of aqua, it's the color of the Caribbean ocean, a Tiffany box and a perfect Robin's egg. I just love the turquoise blue Pyrex bowls from the 1950s- I bought one from a tag sale that just made me happy every time I used it, but sadly it broke. Aqua is vintage; it's modern. It's cool and soothing.

Real Robin's Eggs and painted eggs courtesy of Martha Stewart Living

Aqua and black just look gorgeous together. Picture from Martha Stewart Living.



Look at this mug from Red Hot Pottery on Etsy- just yummy:



See red hot pottery at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5202910

I love the way Jonathan Adler uses it and makes it modern again.



And look how gorgeous it looks with tan linen from Lotta Jansdotter:



It's also lovely with brown (as in amazing photographer Rachel Sadana's bureau, post from Design Sponge). See her site at http://rsphotography.buttonsmagee.com/



I've also pulled some of my favorite aqua items from www.orangeandpear.com.




Free shipping on orders over $75.00 right now. Also, use code: aqua and get $10.00 off your next order, through April 15th!

3 comments:

  1. My FAVORITE color! Congrats on getting the blog rolling - to always being creative. Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really beautiful. Great color, great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete