Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Feast for the Eyes

I love eating great food and I love looking at beautifully and artfully designed food. And it does really need to be "designed" to look really good, right? While flying through my emails, I came across this lovely "boutique" bakery called The Jewels of New York on Daily Candy. They are located in lovely Brooklyn, NY. Started by two women named Diana Yen and Lisel Arroyo who combined their love of cooking, beauty and design to create a fabulous bakery that is sure to be quite successful. Now, when I grew up, I was always one of the smallest in the class and I hated being called adorable. But, I can't think of another word, aren't they just adorable?



Photo by Anna Wolf

Their cookies are just beautifully crafted and their Mother's Day cameo cookies make a wonderful gift- they are so unique and I'm sure delicious. The packaging is just divine!



Photo by Jewels of New York

But you must feast your eyes on these topiary cupcakes! Have you ever seen anything so fabulous and beautifully created? I'm not a huge fan of cupcakes - they are just too sweet and honestly- really hard to eat gracefully! But these are great. They did these for Earth Day and also included packages of rare heirloom seeds- something that will last longer than the cupcakes- brilliant!



Photo by Jewels of New York

Check out their blog also, it is simply mouthwatering! It is full of amazing recipes. Now, I think I have crossed my limit with positive adjectives here! Enjoy.

It looks like they are also fans of one of my favorite soap companies- Saipua in Brooklyn. At Orange and Pear, we only have a few of their lovely tea soaps and travel soaps left. These also make wonderful gifts. They come wrapped in cellophane and tied with a ribbon and gift tag. I use them and they are simply luscious and luxurious (I found some more adjectives)! And, hey, they are on sale right now! Check it out!



Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment